Discover the Versatility of Instant Coffee: 4 Unique Recipes Featuring Our Premium Instant Coffee Blends.
Instant coffee has long been a staple in many kitchens, providing a quick and convenient caffeine fix for busy mornings or when you're on the go. But did you know that instant coffee can also be a versatile ingredient in a variety of delicious recipes? From sweet to savory, our premium instant coffee blends - The Shift Blend and Tectonic Blend - can enhance the flavors of your favorite dishes. In this blog post, we'll share four exciting recipes that showcase the unique culinary possibilities of our instant coffee. Get ready to be inspired!
- Coffee-Chocolate Mug Cake (Sweet)
Indulge in a delightful coffee-infused dessert with this simple, microwave-friendly coffee-chocolate mug cake recipe. Featuring The Shift Blend instant coffee, this treat is perfect for when you need a quick dessert fix.
- 4 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp The Shift Blend instant coffee, dissolved in 1 tbsp hot water
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- In a microwave-safe mug, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and sugar.
- Stir in milk, vegetable oil, coffee mixture, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the mug cake to cool for a few minutes before enjoying. Optional: Top with whipped cream, ice cream, or a dusting of powdered sugar.
Coffee-Infused Chili (Savory)
Add a rich depth of flavor to your next chili dish with the Tectonic Blend instant coffee. This savory recipe incorporates the earthy notes of coffee, resulting in a deliciously hearty meal.
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp Tectonic Blend instant coffee, dissolved in 2 tbsp hot water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, cook the ground meat, onion, and bell pepper over medium heat until meat is browned and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add diced tomatoes, kidney beans, black beans, chili powder, and coffee mixture to the pot. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve with your favorite chili toppings.
Coffee-Glazed Donuts (Sweet)
Give your homemade donuts a flavorful twist with a coffee glaze made from The Shift Blend instant coffee. These donuts are perfect for a weekend brunch or as a sweet treat to enjoy with your afternoon coffee.
For the donuts:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the coffee glaze:
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp The Shift Blend instant coffee, dissolved in 2 tbsp hot water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and grease a donut pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring just until combined.
- Spoon or pipe the batter into the greased donut pan, filling each cavity about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a donut comes out clean. Allow the donuts to cool in the pan for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the donuts are cooling, prepare the coffee glaze by whisking together powdered sugar, coffee mixture, and vanilla extract in a small bowl until smooth. The glaze should be thick but pourable; if needed, add more powdered sugar or a few drops of water to achieve the desired consistency.
- Dip the cooled donuts into the coffee glaze, allowing the excess glaze to drip off before placing them back on the wire rack. Allow the glaze to set for about 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy your coffee-glazed donuts with a cup of your favorite instant coffee blend!
Coffee-Rubbed Steak (Savory)
Elevate your next steak dinner with a coffee rub made from our Tectonic Blend instant coffee. The coffee rub adds a bold, earthy flavor that compliments the natural richness of the steak.
- 2 tbsp Tectonic Blend instant coffee
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 steaks of your choice (ribeye, strip, or filet), about 1-inch thick
- Preheat your grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together instant coffee, brown sugar, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper to create the coffee rub.
- Pat the steaks dry with paper towels, and then generously apply the coffee rub to all sides of the steaks, pressing it into the surface of the meat.
- Place the steaks on the preheated grill or grill pan, cooking for 4-5 minutes per side for medium-rare, or until they reach your desired level of doneness. Adjust the cooking time accordingly for thicker or thinner cuts of meat.
- Remove the steaks from the grill and let them rest for about 5 minutes to allow the juices to redistribute. Slice against the grain and serve with your favorite side dishes.
Whether you're craving something sweet or savory, our premium instant coffee blends - The Shift Blend and Tectonic Blend - can be the secret ingredient that elevates your culinary creations. With these four mouthwatering recipes, you'll discover new ways to enjoy instant coffee beyond your morning cup. Give these recipes a try and share your delicious results with us on social media using #TectonicShiftBlendRecipes and #TectonicBlendRecipes. Happy cooking!