We are hiring!
Tectonic Coffee, an independent company established in 2018, supplies coffee lovers with beans for their daily fix, and wholesalers with end-to-end solutions. We offer sustainable coffee, commercial equipment, training, and on-going support to our wholesale partners. We draw on 27 years of coffee experience and distill the 3 great roasting traditions of Australia, Nordic, and America into a singular unified approach.
We have a saying at Tectonic Coffee, and that is ALWAYS EVOLVE.
We are looking for a coffee professional to help us rebuild our wholesale business after considerable losses during the pandemic. This position will be a key part of our growth strategy and will not only be responsible for rebuilding our customer base in Los Angeles but also countrywide.
It is a must that you love the thrill of the chase, financial rewards, data, creating new relationships, and are organized. We want you to not only meet goals and expectations but exceed them. You will have a full support team under you so you can go out, establish new relationships and pass them off to your teammates, then keep driving Tectonics business forward.
You must have the confidence to talk high-level brewing techniques to the most knowledgeable 3rd wave baristas, then walk into a board room of a large food and beverage hospitality group and present a well thought out presentation. Must have positive energy and a joyful attitude to represent Tectonic Coffee as the face of our brand.
Join our company and see why we were a finalist in the 2020 Sprudge.com Sprudgie awards for Notable Roaster, win awards for our coffees and have a fantastic, positive, safe, and inclusive work environment.
We are excited to meet you and can’t wait to build something special with you.
Requirements: Start Date March 1st, 2021.
- Live in LA County or surrounding areas.
- Must have a car, car insurance, and be able to work independently.
- Work from home with weekly check-ins both remotely and in-person
- Minimum of 12 months to 2 years of sales experience in specialty coffee
- Knowledge of coffee brewing equipment and brands
- Barista experience
- Use of a CRM and a love of data
- Experienced at creating sale support documents and doing presentations
- Ability to work with, meet or exceed monthly, quarterly, and yearly sales targets
Compensation $55,000 + Commissions, full health and dental
- 4 weeks paid annual leave
- 5% commission on whole bean sales for the first 12months of new business.
- 2.5% commission on commercial equipment
- Full Health and Dental insurance (after 90 days of employment)
- Data plans on cell paid for (we use google voice)
- Reimbursement for mileage at California’s mileage rates
- Free weekly coffee!